Old old love


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After a very long time (3 weeks?) R and me spent a lovely weekend together. I took him to my new boss's bday party at Tangerine in Old City. R loves that place, we even celebrated his bday there once. Its a pity I can hardly eat anything there. I'm a vegeterian and let's just say he appreciates food. any kind of good food. My boss and her friends LOVED him. Why does it make me so happy when people tell me how great he is? I feel so smug. Its like, the whole world could praise him and admire him and want him as much as they do - but he's still only mine.

Lord and Taylor's is going out of business and they have a massive sale. We went shopping there on Saturday but I could hardly find anything. I tried on a couple dresses, but either I couldn't afford them or they didn't fit me right. Sunday was such a beautiful day though. A little windy, but a powder blue dulcet sky, the kinds that make you want to go on a hot-air balloon trip and mingle with the clouds. We ate lunch at this quaint little French restaurant. I had a delicious tomoto, feta cheese and basil crepe. R ordered a weird kinda juice that the server said it was made of the hibiscus flower. It was called the sorell juice. I asked if I could have the recipie, and the server said it was the owners secret recipie! Anyways, after lunch we drove to R's uncle's place to meet his 3 yr old nephew who was visiting from Cleaveland. I did have fun -- but oh god, I can never do suburbs! I'd die if I ever lived in the suburbs. So standard? I was talking to R about this - the thing is, every city no matter what part of USA it is in, has a distinct identity...an essence. but the suburbs? they are bloody same all over! You wouldn't know if you were in Bellingham, MA or Doylestown, PA if you didn't pay attention to the signs.
A local Eckards, a Shoprite or Pathmark or one of those grocery stores, a local mall, a taco bell where high school kids hang out and a movie theater where everybody goes on dates. UGH.

I could NEVER live in the suburbs. I am a city-girl, heart and soul.

And then we got back and went to the local neighbourhood bar for good ol' burgers and beer. (Beer for the boys) They have a poker night every Tuesdays and a quiz night every Sunday. We made it to round two. Btw, our team name was Desis' on the Rocks. :) ;)

heh


1 Responses to “Old old love”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, I really liked the title, 'old old love'...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter