What I plan to do with my Polaroid


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm rooting strongly for a kitshcy little Polaroid camera with blacknwhite and color film to magically appear on my doorstep this Christmas. I've also been hinting very heavily at the person most likely to gift it to me. Back home in Santacruz my mom treasures a few faded, yellowed, polaroids of our family taken back in the 80's by my American mama who endlessly fascinated us with shiny, new, objects and technologies from America. The polroid was the big deal in the 80's, our commonplace Konica was no match to the strange whirring machine that instantly produced first-class photographs. Last year I bought the inexpensive Sunflowers perfume by Elizabeth Arden- a perfume that trendy fashionistas will sneer at if they caught me wearing it but it brings back sweet memories of rain-soaked days, metallic smell of the BEST bus and cobalt blue pinafores. And I'd do anything to live one day in the past.

I hope to document my domestic life with the Polroids. Moments that vanish with time, moments of comedic meter and heck- if I try a lovely dress in a dressing room, I'd like to click an instant picture for posterity.

Yay!


0 Responses to “What I plan to do with my Polaroid”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter