vacations and such other


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My birthday was fantastic. My sister gifted me a makeover at a super slinky salon. It took the salon lady 2 hours to color my hair, and I nearly fell asleep on the chair as she worked on my hair. I wanted maroonish/ mahoganyish highlights but my hair artist convinced me that I need copper with a very slight tinge of gold would suit my skintone better. And lo behold -- I become one of those desi wannabe's I've despised with brown skin and fake/ blondelike hair. I was upset. but what the fcuk -- cant do anything now.
My dad and my sis loved it. And R is so sly, even when I was 30 pouds heavier than now, even when I have a shittyass color on my hair -- he never said anything negative! He said, He liked it but he wouldn't want it forever. Weird.
But now that the color is waning, it looks better. Its not a shiny mop of gold spun on my crown anymore.. looks more natural now and I think it will look really good once it starts fading in a week or so.

My birthday dinner was fun as well. I bought a perfect dress and I deliberately bought a navy blue dress so that R's pendant would go with it :P
I looked very purty!

My parents left on Saturday and its terribly lonely without them but thank god for excessive work. My mind doesn't ruminate much. Once my job situation is a little more stable, my mum and dad plan on coming here for a few years. I'd like them to too.

For the long weekend, the four of us, me, R, my sister and A (ber boyfriend) took a trip down to DC. It was SO much fun! I think after all that drama with our parents, btoh our bfs kinda needed some time off. We stayed at the Hiltons for dirt-cheap rates (thanks to hotels.com!) and rented a car. Georgetown was amazing -- my sis and I spent 4 hours shopping that pissed off our bfs and they left us and walked away! We had to treat them to dinner to get their moods back in shape. My sis and I found beautiful beautiful shell pink satin bedsheets at a store in Georgetown. Ofcourse we bought them.

The highlight of our trip was walking up and down the Exorcist steps. (remember where the priest is thrown off from?-- yes, those stairs are in georgetown) It was so spooky! A wanted something to happen--but thank fukin god nothing happened. I am a sissy when it comes to ghosts and the inexplicable.

Our last day we drove to baltimore and paid $25 to see disgusting multi-colored frogs and beautiful dolphins at the aquarium there. I was a little too harsh-- no, it was actually fun and worth the money. We reached Philly on time but were stuck for 2 hours, only 2 blocks away from our building becoz of the july 4 celebrations. it was soo annoying-- i had had a little sake and 3 pills, so I was completely delerious. we just laughed and got pissed off at the drivers infront of us.

it was a fun, fun time.
and its back to work now. back to tripping between NY and Philly.
R has had a stroke of bad luck at work. last year his H1 visa didnt go thru coz the quota was filled. Teh same shit happened this year. He is a little stressed abt his situation, but he spends little time in wallowing and feeling bad about stuff he can't help. He already has a plan b in order.
at times like these, i feel bad.. almost a little guilty becoz i have a greencard and have to worry about nothing. he can't do what he really wants to do becoz of the fukin visa situation. yes, i could marry him in a jiffy and everything would be fine but he has a point. he said, we are both still trying to figure out our lives and ambitions and if we throw marriage in that mix-- it may not last.
its sad but it is true. I admire him for being so practical even in the distress. i love him so much. i'm positive it will work out for him. for the best.

my big presentation is next week. i am confident, but the i keep feeling i shouldve done more. i guess thats normal?
hopefully!
orkutting is so addictive. damn. i met so many people i had lost touch with. scary! i need to get off it now.


1 Responses to “vacations and such other”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    "He liked it but he wouldn't want it forever"

    :) The man's a genius! ... saw you photo's on orkut - you'll make a great couple!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter