Comments work now


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Vivek told me how to get my comments working. Hopefully they work now.

As always, had a wonderful week in Philly. Got a little bored because once you start working, being jobless is frustrating! But I think I used my time constructively. I read a lot, am almost done with the Narnia book. It's alright, every story ends in a god-dammed fight where the good people end up saving Narnia. (wtf!)

Watched a lot of movies this week. And wrote a lot as well. I'm on a radar-- absorbing any new ideas, new tips, new words, everything to better my writing. I realized what was missing with my writing at the other blog- the kind of stuff I wrote about was "fluff" (in R's words) and there is only a limited vocabulary to use with such subjects. Now that the focus of my blog is not to show off my adv/marketing knowledge, I feel a little less strained and am able to write more about what moves me, but what will also move other readers. I have also greatly reduced reading other blogs because when I see a high number on their comment boxes, it makes me jealous! It makes me feel that my writing isn't as good. It makes me second-guess myself.
I am so silly! I don't even get this possessive about my boyfriend. When I was little I use d to get pissed when someone else said they loved writing. It used to piss me off coz I thought I was the only who could and should love writing!! Now I console myself saying, I love it more than others coz I've devoted/dedicated/use your own words/ my entire life to it. I am so silly! Nonetheless, I'm a brilliant writer, and SOMEONE who is doing something about it. So that's all that counts.

I will be writing for 2 Indian publications now! Yippiee! Now only of I can say that about America. I'm taking Finding Forrester with me to NY. Did I mention I'm going back to New York tomorrow? For 2 weeks, after which once again I'll be jobless unless by some divine providence, a job crops out or something else falls into place.

I am so broke, I panicked today. My boyfriend pays for me everywhere and wont take no for an answer. Nor will he cut down on things we do/places we go out to eat/or the quality of the lifestyle we have. It pains me and reminds me all the more why I should get a job real soon. I have something really cool planned for him once I start making money. I don't want to talk about it coz although he doesnt' read my blogs, you never know when he will!

I pray to God everyday now and work hard for it too- that I get a proper, fulltime, job. But I'm still so picky that I won't accept any altu-faltu job at an altu-faltu magazine. I want the top magazines, the top publishers and the top name.

Now I'm tired. It is 2am and I still have to pack. I leave at 6.30. R dearest is dropping me to the bus-stop.


2 Responses to “Comments work now”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi there,
    Well I guess everyone wonders when you see the innumerable comments as to why they have it and I don't! But do not spend any more time on it, I really do not think it is about one's writing style or brilliance that the comments really come!!

    Most often than not, such people are a network of friends or people who blog and read each other's post!! Its like any other normal law of nature, if U give so will u get!! But then again, there are exceptions, I used to feel all worked up and sad wondering why no comments on my blog, even though I am a religious reader!! But then like every other petty issue of life I got over it!

    Probably ud find it much more boosting since its what you do(writing) if u do get the comments! All I can say is yes you write well, it touched me enough to want to comment(I did comment earlier on most posts but nothing came up) Hope this pops onto your screen

    Anyways keep writing and have the faith, u surely will get a breakthrough with some fab magazine, but also remember rome was not built in a day!! Keep the faith and write with your heart

    cheers

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Finally we get to comment on your awesome writing!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter