Cars, cricket and new york


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Some days we remember for the rest of our lives. Like the day you bought your first car.
The man I am in love with bought his first car today - from this own money. It was a proud day.
Our friends and us dined at a beautiful little Italian restaurant tucked into the quiet folds of Spruce and Locust Street. A large, water-colored mural of the Positiano coast covered one side of the wall and the rest of the walls were painted a soft olive shade, shadowed by the overhead lights.
The food was excellent - we've been having great luck with eating out these days. We talked about relationships, frat parties and cars over warm toasted bread dipped in balsamic vingear and olive oil.

Today something else happened. I found an old friend who's also moving to the big city and we decided to do it together. We've set a date to move as well: 1st january. We will literally start our new year and new careers in a new city: New York! (too much "new" just happened in this sentence!)

The men smoked their Dominican cigars and got light-headed and giggly later. The women reveled in the smoke and let it go to their heads. We end up playing cricket in the empty living-room. My sister and I fought and I watched some more Lost.

That, summed up my Saturday.

I've moved so many times that I don't do the ritualistic "last weekend, last saturday, last day" celebrations anymore. Nothing is that big a deal, esp. not movnig cities. New York is so close to Philly - and now that my man has a car (with heated seats!) I have no qualms about moving and no dreads about traveling back to Philly every weekend.
Besides, there will always be a home here for me. In the heart of my friends.


0 Responses to “Cars, cricket and new york”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter