Fashionable in NYC


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was in NY for an interview with a magazine on Wednesday. I felt so alive, so good, walking the familiar streets of Sixth Ave. A cute guy asking for charity flirted with me, hoping I'd give him some cash. Heh. I walked five blocks around Rockefellar center to look for the tiny chocolatiere for R. I don't like chocolates but the man I love is a sucker for chocolates. I carefully selected the very best macaroons and little artisan chocolates with raspberry, ginger and coffee fillings from La Maison Du Chocolat. I was so tempted to add the Maroon Glaces to my little brown bag... yumm, roasted chestnuts!

On my way to interview I spotted the much touted Mishaa store on 5th Ave. Mishaa is a very famous Korean beauty company. Their products are inexpensive and supposed to work well. I bought a green-grape face scrub for my sister and some samples for myself. I was super-psyched!

Oh what a wonderful day it was! My interview went well but I didn't "feel" the place so I'm not sure if I want to work or belong to that environment. But the good news is, I will start working "freelance" at a top fashion magazine in New York this Tuesday! It pays me so much money an hour that it makes me goggle-eyed and gold-fish surprised. I will now have money to do laundry, to buy food and to pay my loans. And buy new clothes, new shoes, a nice, comfy bed and a gorgeous silk caftan to sleep in.

I dream of a full refrigerator - with my plastic tubs of yogurt, mangola bottles, Amul butter, Danon's Peach Passion smoothies, stacks of Malaysian parathas, the $1.99, Mirch Masala Kofta Curry packets, crusty golden hasbbrowns, fresh ginger, garlic and cilantro. Yumm. The shiny red plum tomotoes from Trader Joes and portobello mushrooms. I also want peppers of every kind: red, yellow and green. And a small bucket of Pecan Butter ice-cream.

YUM.


0 Responses to “Fashionable in NYC”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter