Shining dreams, fading dreams, faraway dreams


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was an ideal Sunday. Beatific with just the right temperature. My man, me, and my roommate and her boyfriend (also my friend) went out for a late lunch- the others bailed out. On their recommendation we chose this little Greek place, right off the crowded alleys of South Street. It was a tiny restaurant, tucked into folds of burgeoning FCUK and Condom Kingdom stores. Our waitress, was chewing a kalamata olive leaf as she welcomed us and situated us in a dark, tiny room, next to the kitchen. A large chandelier emitted a soft red glow and framed pictures of the Greek Isles glittered eeriley in the aura.
Over lunch we discussed many things. San Fransico vs New York, living in a city vs living in a suburb, cigars, money, careers and food. Being a vegeterian denies me of a cultural experience - local food. My friend nibbled hungrily at their lamb legs as I made an effort to like the olive-roll and plain, baked vegetables. Our lunch was over quickly but our conversations were just begining.
We talked about life, dreams and money. S said he wanted to make $5m by age 40 and then retire and pursue his dream - of making movies. G said she wanted to start her resutarant after she made her first M. R said he wanted to work or the government and go back to school to learn. And I wondered.... what did I want to do after...? after what?!

I realized, that unlike my friends and my boyfriend- I am already doing what I love. I am living my dream. I am not waiting to hit a certain age, make a certain amount of money or do certain things before I can follow my dreams. Yea, my situation is different. I don't have to worry about Green-Card and such but even if I had to, I probably would still be doing what I am doing right now: following my dream.

R said I was lucky. I bristled a little. I didn't want luck to take credit for my sensibility. And then R said, I was lucky that I had the guts to follow my dreams and not worry about stability and the regular things.

I glowed. But it is true.

I make peanuts right now. But I have faith, tons of it. I believe, if you follow your dream, if you are good at what you do- the money will come. Perhaps a little late, but it will.

I don't denounce my friends for not following their dreams right now. I think every dream has it's own time to be born. Perhaps, their time is not right now.

I am not afraid of the things regular people are afraid of. I am not worried that I will not have food to eat. I am not worried I won't have money to live. I am not worried about what the world will say. And I don't care much about what others think about the way I live my dreams and work towards achieving them. (after all, these are my dreams and I know the best about my strategy)

It takes a different sensibility to be recklessly single-minded- and I was lucky to be born with it. Logic defies me. I defy logic. Or maybe I am one of those weaklings, who cannot be happy doing anything else but that they love. That is, after all, a weakness.

But it never occured to me, that it is also my strength. In Lost, John Locke says to Dr.Jack, "You are a man of science. I am a man of faith."
Those words stayed with me. I have immense faith in myself. I once read in 'The Alchemist' that once you send a wish, a desire to the universe-- the entire universe works towards making it come true for you. You only have to want it bad enough.

Another highlight of my evening? I saw different facets to my friends. I heard their dreams and saw it in their eyes how bad they wanted to achieve their goals. I congratulated them secretly in my mind-- because their job is already half done :) They've wished it. Now, the universe has started working its way....


0 Responses to “Shining dreams, fading dreams, faraway dreams”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter