Hello World!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just watched an absolutely wonderful, inspiring and beautiful movie. It's called Millions- and it is about two little brothers who find a sack of money. The cinematography is excellent and that coupled with the soundtrack-- oooh-- it put me in such a joyous mood that I had to get up at 3.15am to log an entry!

I've enjoyed these 2 weeks off from work. (it wasn't my choice! I wasn't needed at work!) I've chilled with my friends, relaxed, recharged my batteries and found motivation. R and me had some rocky times. Distance and our busy schedules are taking their toll on us. Sometimes it is so hard to keep this relationship going, we barely find time for ourselves. It is so easy to shrug it away and say to yourself, "i'll take care of it later." But later doesn't work. A relationship, any relationship, is like a plant.. or a child. You nourish it if you want it to grow. You give it attention, time and all of yourself to find happiness with it.

New Years was a wet, cold and tired night in what was supposed to be a classy-but turned out to me a smelly-desi-infested club in NY. I am never going to a desi-party again. i got yelled at by a drunk bastard for no reason, got shoved and pushed by plenty. the plasma screens they promised on the brochure turned out to be two lousy tvs and the music sucked bigtime. $70 gone down the fuking drain. it helped we were with friends-- atleast i had fun.

I've spent some fun evenings with my sister. This weekend we went to Bubble Lounge and then to Mahagony. It was a lot of fun.. and on Sunday, we drove to Edison for dosas and chat. R was so sweet.. he bought her the Malgudi Days dvd as her bday gift.. and she really wanted the dvd. I got my eyebrows done at a shady gujoo beauty parlor coz they knew how to thread. But she messed them up and ultimately I had to come home and use a plucker to straighten them up.

Hehe. We joked how all the eateries there were wannabe-coolios coz they named their restaurants after bombay... there was bombay bar, a bombay chat house.. a chowpatty chat house.. and a couple other bombay monikers-- and the best part is-- they are all owned by chaptu ahmedabadis or gujoos from gujarat! ( no offense. i'm a gujoo myself, but from bbay!) On phone card store that offered some tax service had a big label on its door that said, "TAX CHEK." how can this place not be gujoo?

and then there was Pintoo Jewels and Pooja jewels...(argh!) It's cool to name your kids pinto, pinky or whatever. but c'mon- do others a favor and don't name an entire store after your kids!!
We were so exhausted by the time we returned, I slept in the car and my teeth began to hurt. Every few times a year, my teeth act weird and begin to hurt me. A kind of pain that no dentist can cure coz after a while it disappears. But its annoying for however long it lasts.

I got my periods. (whew!) I was sweating over spending another $10 on a P-test. Yea so I like naked sex- sue me! I watched the BBC documentary on the Casting Couch and felt inspired to make a documentary of my own or write a book like "Millions" and make a movie like, "Millions." I'm going to do all of that, all in good time.

This entry is really on the insistence of a friend.. for a friend. Partly because he is so charmed by my oh-so-wonderful life that he can't wait to hear more! (relax- I'm kidding)
Actually, he just got a job! At a company where he wnats to work- can it get better? Kudos to him.

On the professional front for me, things are looking up. I'm booked until April end and there is teeny weeny possibility that I might do some writing for a local style magazine. goodie! Thats all I've got right now. Tata!


0 Responses to “Hello World!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3


free web site hit counter